Thursday, March 25, 2010

The River

After school today, the kids and I went to Sonic during happy hour (1/2 price drinks!) and then decided to visit a park not too far from the Mississippi River. As a bonus, I was able to get some cute photos of the kids too!
It was a very windy afternoon, but the kids were troopers and had fun walking around and just enjoying the spring weather. About 15 minutes after arriving at the park, Gianna decided she needed her stroller. Honestly, I can't blame her - it's an extremely hilly park.
We also were able to see how high the river is right now. I believe it's supposed to crest in the next day or two.
After about an hour of exploration, we decided to call it an afternoon. It was a fun and the kids really enjoyed checking out the different surroundings. I'll have to make a point of doing things like this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!