Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas At Our House

We had a small gathering at our house on Saturday to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family. It was us, mom, Edmee, Evelyn, Melissa, Abe, Little Abe and Kathy (Abe's mom). It wasn't anything fancy, but it was time together which is always nice. Once again, I did a stellar job at taking pictures. NOT! I took a few while the kids opened presents - but that was it.


Bamma with her grandchildren. I tried several times to get a photo with all four children looking at me. This was the best I could do - better than nothing!


Notice the red bag on Gemma's lap? Edmee had this great idea about 4 or 5 years ago - instead of wrapping each present, she found these cute, felt gift bags. She has one for each child with their name on it. She just fills it with gifts (she is extremely generous!) and the kids go to town digging through the bag.


Spencer loves Legos and Star Wars - the perfect combination!

Gianna received her own portable DVD player - and some movies! We only use the DVD player for long rides in the car - 2 hours or more. Gemma and Spencer each have one, (gifts from Edmee 3 years ago,) and this summer we could have used a third.

Spencer is showing me his train ornament. I love the expression on Spencer's face. I don't remember what he was looking at, but clearly he is excited!

My little girl is turning into a "tween"! By that, I mean she is liking clothes. We recently found a store called Justice 4 Girls. I'm not a big fan of it, most of it is too trendy for my taste, but she likes it and they do have a few cute things. Edmee bought her a few tops from that store and here is Gemma showing off one of them.

Here is little Abe. This was taken at the end of the evening when he was very ready to go home and go to bed. His expression cracks me up! It's as if he's thinking, "Why does she keep taking pictures of me??"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!