Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Days of Summer

The weather was beautiful this weekend and with school just around the corner, we decided to take advantage of Mother Nature.

On Sunday, we decided to head to the beach for the last time this summer with mom and Evelyn.

Gemma was very happy to be at the beach - can't you tell from the fake smile!! ;)
Gianna loves for me or Evelyn to build sand castles for her to destroy. However, I can never stay ahead of her. Just as I dump the sand out of the bucket, she is there to smash it. This time, I decided I was going to build a gigantic castle for her to mess up - however, she actually helped! This kept me and the kids busy for at least 30 minutes!

Gemma decided we needed more wet sand!
Gianna took a break from our mountain and decided to play in the moat Spencer had built earlier in the afternoon.

And for the finishing touch - more water.

We really had a nice time, but after 3 hours we decided to call it a day. We've had a lot of fun at the beach this summer and great memories. I can't wait until next year!

Here are a few pictures of the kids outside today. Again - we enjoyed the beautiful weather. I'm not sure what they were doing, but Spencer and Gemma were busy at the table for quite a while.

Gianna decided she wanted to try driving Spencer's remote control car. Her coordination isn't quite what it needs to be in order to do this. She was getting very frustrated, so I suggested going to the playground (our swing set).

From this expression - it must have been a good suggestion!
Gianna decided she wanted to swing with her big brother. I took a ton of photos of them swinging together - these are two of my favorites.

And here is evidence that fall is knocking at our door. As I was enjoying the beautiful afternoon, I noticed these leaves on my neighbor's tree. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!