Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lunch

In honor of African American month, our school had activities throughout the day for parents to attend in various classrooms. Parents were also invited to have lunch with their children.

I wasn't able to attend the activities, but Gemma convinced me I had to go to lunch...they were serving chocolate cake for dessert! Evelyn came and stayed with Gianna and I was able to have one on one time with Gemma and Spencer.

I arrived in time to have lunch with Gemma first. It was so strange to be standing in line with a bunch of 3rd graders - everything was definitely made at kid level! But it was so fun to have her "show" me the way!

After a delightful lunch of fish sticks, macaroni and cheese, carrot sticks and chocolate cake, I kissed my little girl good-bye and met up with Spencer for his lunch. (Gemma eats at 11:35 and Spencer at 12:05). Spencer and I chatted while he ate and he introduced me to some of his lunch buddies. When it was time for dismissal, Spencer showed me how to properly dispose of my tray.

It was only 30 minutes with each child, but it was so nice to be able to give my undivided attention to them. I need to do this more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!