Sunday, May 27, 2012

My First 5K

So a few months ago, David asked if I'd be interested in running a 5k in May.  I had been working out regularly for over a year and thought that adding running would be a nice way to mix things up.  (Though I still think running is only for when one is being chased.)

Well, the time came for the race.  Since it was bright and early on the other side of town from us, my bff Hoa and her family invited us to spend the night at their house and keep the kids for us.  



 Look what we saw as we walked into the house!  What a great welcome!  I should note we arrived early in the day so we could spend the day relaxing and enjoying their pool.  The kids had a great time. Instead of taking pictures, I enjoyed our time together.  We had a great day of swimming and sun.

David and I woke up around 6:30 to a quiet house and got ourselves ready.  I was a nervous wreck!  You would have thought I was running in a real race!  As we were pulling into the parking lot, I was quickly trying to come up with excuses so I didn't have to run....what a wimp!!!!



Well, here we are after the race!  Clearly I didn't come up with a good excuse!  : )  I ran the whole race - NOT in record time, but I never walked.  David ran with me the whole time, which was difficult since I run at a much slower pace than he.  It was also nice to have a cheerleader with me.  The best part though - free dilly bars from Dairy Queen after we crossed the finish line!  (DQ was one of the race sponsors.)


And here is the sign that greeted us upon our return from the run!  I have a feeling I may have found a new hobby.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!