Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch or bust!

Well I wasn't sure if we were going to actually make it to the pumpkin patch this year. I started taking the kids when Gemma was 3 and Spencer 2. This year either the weather was bad, someone was sick or we had plans that couldn't be broken. Well on Wednesday, the kids got out of school 2 hours early, (I've no idea why) and I decided if the weather was decent and everyone was healthy I would attempt the trip by myself. (It's really only a 15 minute drive from our house.)

The weather was gorgeous and everyone was healthy - so by 2pm on Wednesday we were on our way. Now all the other trips to the patch were on the weekend when everyone else was there, so I wasn't sure what to expect in the middle of the week. It was very quiet - which worked out well since I was alone with the three. Gemma and Spencer were a little disappointed that the hayrides only happen on weekends and the snack shack was also closed. Either way we got our 3 pumpkins and then headed over to the petting zoo. Gemma and Spencer ran around and I wrangled Gianna as she tried walking/staggering around.

Everyone is all smiles!


Gemma found her perfect pumpkin!

Here is evidence of my mistake - I let Gianna out of the stroller!!!

Once I let Gianna out of the stroller, I wasn't able to take many photos of Gemma and Spencer playing around. This was the last of the happy photos.


Now it's time to go home.....