Monday, August 23, 2010

The Last Week - Part Two

Where did I leave off?

We left Arlington on Sunday and headed to our temporary "home" in Norfolk, VA while David finished the checking out process.

The accommodations were perfect. We even had a kitchenette - which was very handy for breakfast and snacks. On Monday, David was done early so we went out the back door to the playground.





Unfortunately, we didn't stay long because it was 95' with 95% humidity. Not exactly comfortable. We went for a drive had lunch and then came back to the hotel for a nap. We all needed it!
The Navy Lodge is actually off-base, but I wanted a photo of this sign just because.
On Tuesday, David was finished with everything by noon and we were on the road by 1pm. I was able to get a photo of the ships while we were on the road. There were actually 4 other ships, but I couldn't get a photo of them.

Anyway, we were on the road to our next stop in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Here is Gianna on the way....falling asleep.
And now sleeping.
However, once we checked into our hotel, she was ready for the pool!
Spencer and David clowning around.

On Wednesday, we were up early and back on the road by 9am. We had lunch somewhere in Pennsylvania.
I hadn't eaten at Chick-fil-A in over 15 years since I lived in Florida. It wasn't exactly like I remembered, but it was nice to have something instead of Mc Donald's!
By 6pm Wednesday we were in Michigan! David's godparents were kind enough to let us stay with them. When we pulled up in the drive-way, the food was just coming off of the grill! Timing was perfect!
The kids loved running around their beautiful yard and large house. It was so nice to just relax.
Our original plan was to stay until Friday morning, but David and I decided to leave at 9pm Thursday night. We figured the kids would sleep the majority of the drive and we wouldn't have any traffic to deal with.

So we arrived home around 8:30am (we had an hour delay due to a torrential down-pour in Wisconsin around 4:30am) and David and I were exhausted. We managed to stay awake the entire day, but I'm fairly certain we made little sense when speaking.

It's nice to be home, but I have to admit, I really miss DC!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific post, I was beginning to think you forgot. Keep it going. Bamma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!