Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Last Week - Part One

I'm waaaaaaay behind on blogging. We've been busy trying to squeeze everything we can from DC, pack and drive half-way across the country. Here is the part of the recap...

Last Tuesday (the 3rd) we went back to the Natural History Museum for the THIRD time! We still weren't able to see everything, but we so more than the last two times!

After the museum closed, we ran to McDonald's for a quick bite to eat and then walked over to the Navy Memorial for an outdoor concert. We were expecting to enjoy the Navy band, however this evening it was the Coast Guards jazz band. It was their birthday, so a wreath was placed at The Lone Sailor.
David and the kids watching.....
Once the music started the kids began to dance. We even made a new friend, though I forgot her name. She really liked Spencer's camera and took lots of pictures.
On Thursday we tagged along with David to Bolling Air Force - the base is attached to Anacostia Naval Station. This was supposed to be a quick trip, however the van over-heated and we had to have it towed off base to be fixed. To make matters worse - a storm was passing through at the same time making traffic even worse than usual and forcing us to wait hours for a cab to rescue us. After being stranded for over 3 hours a kind Air Force Colonel with a Suburban offered to drive us to the train station!!!! We were soooo thankful!
It took over an hour on the train because of the time of day and delays due to weather, but we were so glad to finally be on our way home!

By the way - we picked up the car Friday morning and the repair cost $60!!!!! Apparently a hose came loose - that was it! Thank goodness!
Friday evening we went to Maryland and met up with our niece Christy for dinner. She's in the Air Force and recently moved to the DC area for her job. We had a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant named Remomo's - that name cracks me up! I didn't take a group shot, but the kids really wanted a photo with the fun statue outside the mall.
Sunday marked our last day in Arlington. :'( David and Spencer spent the better part of the morning packing up the van.
Once we put the kids in the car, we really didn't have room for anything else!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!