Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Today is the first day of school for all THREE children! Gemma is now a 4th grader, Spencer a 3rd grader and Gianna is in PRE-SCHOOL!!!

The customary 1st day of school photo.

Click here for last year's photos and here for the year before.

Gemma and Spencer were excited to go back to school and see their friends. Gianna on the other hand wasn't so thrilled with the idea of school.

(On a side note - Gianna is using the same back-pack Gemma and Spencer used for pre-school!)

However, once we jumped in the van, she was ready to go. David was able to snap this photo just as she and I were walking in to class. We walked into class and she dropped me like a hot potato. Gianna hung up her bag and jacket and was ready to play. I couldn't have asked for an easier transition. I must admit though, I was a little teary-eyed...

Clearly pre-school agrees with her. When we picked her up she was all smiles and shortly after getting into the van, she was out like a light! I'm always sad when summer comes to an end, but with a start like today, fall is looking pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!