Sunday, March 11, 2012

Science Fair - 2009

****This post was saved in my drafts and I just noticed it!  This is from the 2009 Science Fair!  Gemma was in first grade and Spencer was just a kindergartner!!!!***



This posting is about 3 weeks late due to technical difficulties...(I was having issues getting the pics from David's cell phone onto the computer). Anyway - Gemma and Spencer participated in the science fair this year. Gemma's project was called "Your Epidermis Is Showing" and Spencer's was "What are Fossils?"

David and Gemma spent about 5 hours one Saturday afternoon working on her project. Even though David was involved, it was totally Gemma's project. Her focus was on "prune hands" and what causes them. She did a great job and I'm so proud of her!

Spencer started out really excited about the science fair, but once it was time to work on the project...not so much. He was involved, but it was like pulling teeth! When it was said and done, Spencer said he was glad he participated. Next year, he and David are going to make a steam engine!


At the end of the evening awards were given for Best Question, Best Presentation (during the day each child had to present their project to a judge) and Best Overall Project. Gemma won Best Overall Project!! I was so proud of her! Prior to the awards being given out, two teachers told me how impressed they were with her presentation! Spencer however didn't win an award this year; he was a little disappointed, but I reminded him how proud I was of him and that he should be proud of himself too!
It should be noted that Spencer did score very well in the judging - 18 out of 20 points!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I love hearing from you!